Grow with Grab will help micro-entrepreneurs and SMEs scale in ASEAN
It made its name as a ride-hailing business that took Southeast Asia by storm, but since then Grab has expanded into payment solutions, and now it will be launching a service for SME lending and microinsurance.
Singapore’s Grab Financial Group has announced that it will launch a ‘Grow with Grab’ roadmap which it says will help businesses to generate more earnings, expand and gain peace of mind.
The service will make SME lending and microinsurance available to grab users in Singapore. Services offered will include micro-insurance products, post-paid and instalment payment services and an online check-out payment method for online sellers.
- Money20/20 Asia: who to look out for…
- Is Visa building a team of crypto experts?
- Mitra Innovation: supporting the digital transformation of finance
- Read the latest issue of FinTech Magazine!
The news broke at Money20/20 Asia in Singapore this week, where a key theme was how fintech can fill gaps not currently taken care of by traditional banks, especially helping SMEs and removing pain points from entrepreneurs as they grow their businesses.
Reuben Li, Senior Managing Director at Grab Financial Group, commented: “This is a huge untapped opportunity for Grab Financial to support the region’s entrepreneurs who are less able to access traditional financial institutions.”
Citing that SMEs currently contribute to more than 50% of the GDP of ASEAN as a region, he added: “We can leverage our scale and data insights to bring financial services products to market at a more competitive price point than anyone else.”
Photo credit: Money20/20.
- Grab ranked the most well-funded private fintech startupVenture Capital
- Top 10 Women in FinTech | Tracey DaviesVenture Capital
- Grab’s virtual bank dreams highlight digital disruption in Singapore’s finance sectorVenture Capital
- Five facts about GrabPay: a look inside our top payment platformDigital Payments