Divido wins Tech Trailblazers Award FinTech Category
Divido, the enterprise Saas lending platform fintech, has been named winner of the FinTech Category in the Tech Trailblazers Awards
The winners of the eighth iteration of the Tech Trailblazers Awards - given to companies in recognition of products or services that deliver in a range of areas including fintech, AI, Big Data, mobile technology, cloud and more - were announced on 28 February.
Divido was announced as the winner of the 2019 FinTech Category. This group is open to all private companies, privately funded of VC-backed fintech innovators less than six years old. That covers product and services fintech startups offering innovative solutions to enterprises anywhere worldwide.
Runners up in the FinTech Category were DataVisor and Elsen.
Divido is a global white label software platform for retailers, lenders and payment intermediaries that want to offer point-of-purchase finance to consumers. The London-based fintech was founded by Christer Holloman (CEO), Anders Hallsten (CTO), and Fredrik Borgquist (CFO).
Holloman is well know when it comes to innovation. An MBA graduate at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, he won The Telegraph's Digital Innovation Award in 2011, was recognised as one of London's 1,000 most influential individuals and ranked as Top 25 Within New Media in 2009 by The Evening Standard.
He was formerly a technology feature writer for Sky News and is known for helping launch Glassdoor.com in Europe; he has also previously held the title of Head of Digital Product Development at The Times and The Sunday Times.
Divido is building the world's largest platform for point-of-sale finance. For retailers, this can be used to manage multiple lenders and finance products in one or more countries through a single interface; for lenders, the platform enables the protection and growth of existing retailer relationships.
Tech Trailblazer Awards 2019
The complete list of Tech Trailblazer Awards winners is as follows:
- AI: Balbix
- Big Data: Confluent
- Blockchain: Gospel Technology
- Cloud: Apstra
- Containers: Portworx
- IoT: BitBox
- FinTech: Divido
- Mobile: Valyant AI
- Security: ShiftLeft
- Storage: LucidLink
- Firestarter Award: HighByte
- Female Tech Trailblazers of the Year: Neena Dasgupta, CEO of Zirca Digital and Neha Sampat, founder and CEO of Contentstack
- Male Tech Trailblazer of the Year: Cody Cornell, co-founder and CEO, Swimlane
- Coronavirus: impact on bitcoin price and possible recession
- Venmo reportedly testing teen debit card
- Mastercard confirms Michael Miebach as new Chief Executive
- Read the latest edition of FinTech Magazine, here
For more information on all topics for FinTech, please take a look at the latest edition of FinTech magazine.
- Airwallex partners with MODIFI to launch payments solutionFinancial Services (FinServ)
- MPs call for Bitcoin to be regulated as gambling in the UKCrypto
- Stripe partners with Airbnb to power its banking systemsFinancial Services (FinServ)
- Swinburne: Regulators putting best practice onus on fintechsFinancial Services (FinServ)