Standard Chartered expands online and mobile services for corporates
Standard Chartered Bank has announced it will launch an expanded online gateway and mobile app to be used by its corporate clients.
The finance giant will extend its online Straight2Bank platform to markets in Asia: it has been expanded to China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam, and is planned for Bangladesh.
Meanwile, an app version has been developed and is currently available in Singapore, while Standard Chartered hopes to extend this to more countries. Clients will be able to use the app to boost m-commerce and e-commerce.
- Standard Chartered leads joint venture for virtual bank in Hong Kong
- Infosys Finacle: digital disruption of finance giants
- Ant Financial launches core banking platform to accelerate digital transformation
- Read the latest issue of FinTech Magazine!
Judy Bei, Global Head of Payments and Receivables, Cash, Transaction Banking, stated: “The global e-commerce is expected to account for one-fifth of the total commerce market by 2021, with more than half of this value driven by mobile payments.
“As our corporate clients look to capitalise on this opportunity, we want to be their trusted partner in the growth journey, with this expansion of Straight2Bank Pay further supporting their need for a seamless digital collections experience.”
Meanwhile, Global Head of Transaction Banking Lisa Robins stated that Standard Chartered’s large global footprint enables it to connect clients more easily. “We will continue to invest and innovate in enhancing our cash management solutions to address our clients’ ever-changing challenges.”
- Fidor Bank to pilot biometric payment cards with ZwipeFinancial Services (FinServ)
- Weavr.io. CEO on fintech startup challenges and new techDigital Payments
- Thought Machine launches Vault Payments processing platformBanking
- Five Emerging Fintech Hubs to Watch in 2022Financial Services (FinServ)