Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. Announces Successful Conclusion Of Vi
NEW YORK, Sept. 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. ("Oppenheimer") – a leading investment bank, wealth manager, and a subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings (NYSE: OPY) – today announced that it has successfully concluded its virtual Fall Healthcare Life Sciences & MedTech Summit. The event, held virtually September 21 – 23, brought together over 120 leading companies from across the life sciences and medical technology sectors to discuss critical trends and opportunities with investors.
Michael Margolis, R.Ph., Oppenheimer's Co-Head of Healthcare Investment Banking and Head of Healthcare Life Sciences Investment Banking, said, "The past three months has been an extremely active time for life science and Med Tech companies to raise capital. We were very pleased to offer companies and investors the opportunity to connect in their meetings and presentations and to help the industry move forward."
Oppenheimer hosted three keynote sessions from thought leaders who offered critical insights on significant current issues:
- Joseph Grogan, Assistant to President Donald J. Trump and Director of the Domestic Policy Council, and Jen Psaki, Former Senior Advisor to President Obama and Secretary Kerry, participated in a panel moderated by Michael Margolis, titled "Election Scenarios and Implications for Healthcare;"
- Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a physician who formerly served as Food and Drug Administration Commissioner (2017-2019); and Senior Advisor for CMS, provided an update on the current state of Covid-19; and
- Dr. Andrew Lo, Professor of Finance and Director of the Laboratory for Financial Engineering at MIT Sloan Management School, spoke on "The Intersection of Biotech and Finance."
The three-day event featured presentations and fireside chats from over 100 life sciences and medical technology companies. Oppenheimer's healthcare Life Science and Med Tech equity research analysts attended to facilitate discussions and questions for the companies:
- Matt Biegler, Emerging Biotechnology
- Mark Breidenbach, Emerging Biotechnology
- Francois Brisebois, Biotechnology
- Kevin DeGeeter, Biotechnology and Diagnostics
- Leland Gershell, Biopharmaceuticals
- Suraj Kalia, Medical Technology and Devices
- Justin Kim, Biotechnology
- Steven M. Lichtman, Medical Devices
- Jay Olson, CFA, Biotechnology
- Hartaj Singh, Biotechnology
Erica L. Moffett, Managing Director and Associate Director of Research at Oppenheimer, said, "This has been an extraordinary year in all respects and we are pleased to be able to offer virtual conferences for our clients as they continue to seek insight and investment opportunities in the markets."
Oppenheimer's next conference will be our MedTech Summit on November 12.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (Oppenheimer), a principal subsidiary of Oppenheimer Holdings Inc. (OPY on the New York Stock Exchange), and its affiliates provide a full range of wealth management, securities brokerage and investment banking services to high net-worth individuals, families, corporate executives, local governments, businesses and institutions.
SOURCE Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.